Signature Weekend Info
First time at Signature Weekend? Here’s how tickets work:
- Buy a Day or Weekend Pass to join us on-site at the beautiful Filberg Park & Lodge
- Purchase food vouchers to enjoy the seafood tastings (items range from 1 – 6 vouchers, 1 voucher=$1), online and on-site
- Drink tickets are sold separately, online and on-site
Where does the Signature Weekend take place?
The Signature Weekend happens at the Filberg Heritage Lodge and Park, in Comox, on Vancouver Island.
What are the hours of the Signature Weekend?
Limited opening on Friday, June 19, 2020.
11:00 AM to 5:00 PM on Saturday, June 20 and Sunday, June 21, 2020.
How do I get to the Festival?
- Bike to seafood! The Comox Valley Cycling Coalition is pleased to be offering on-site bike racks for cyclists use when they attend Festival, June 20-21, 11 am – 5 pm, located near the front gate at the Filberg Heritage Lodge & Park.
- There is no parking on the event site and very limited parking in the surrounding area — please plan accordingly.
- A free Park and Ride service (provided by Ambassador Transportation) is available from TBA and will operate from 10:30am – 5:30pm on June 20 & 21. Park and Ride schedule TBA.
- Two vans will run in a continual loop — longest wait should be 5-10 minutes; look for the signs at TBA.
- Riders are not allowed to leave dogs in their vehicles at the Park and Ride location.
- Site not responsible for lost or stolen goods
- For accessible vehicles, please have driver drop off guests at the festival gates and driver to park accessible vehicle at the Park and Ride.
Where are the washrooms?
There are 3 washroom locations – one on the lower level and two on the upper level of the Lodge.
Are children able to attend?
Kids under 12 are free, but to attend they need a free ticket which you can obtain online, or at the gate. View all the educational and interactive booths here.
Is the Festival dog-friendly?
As per the Filberg Heritage Lodge and Park regulations, dogs are not permitted.
I want food and drinks! What do you take for payment?
You can buy food and drink tickets using cash (or credit card!) at designated ticket booths, or pre-purchase your food and drink tickets online. Each food ticket costs $1 per ticket, while drink tickets cost $6 per ticket. Food items generally cost between 1 and 6 food tickets, while 1 drink costs 1 drink ticket. An ATM will be located near the Main Gate.
At what events can I use my food and drink tickets?
You can use food and drink tickets at food and drink booths during the Signature Weekend Day Events (11:00 AM – 5:00 PM on June 20 & 21, 2020). ID is required to purchase drink tickets.
Where can I see a full schedule?
View the full schedule for the 2020 Signature Weekend here. Please note times are subject to change.
What should I wear to the Signature Weekend?
Come prepared! Bring sunscreen and a hat and be prepared for all weather, being located very close to the water can make things a little chilly. We hope for amazing weather this June but dress accordingly. This is a rain or shine event.
Will there be first aid on site?
Yes, St. John Ambulance first aiders will be on site all day, both days.
Where can I see a full schedule?
The schedule will be released soon!
What kind of competitions can I expect?
There are five competitions this year (2020) which can be viewed here.
Can I bring my own signs or pamphlets to distribute at the Festival?
Unfortunately, no third party signage, materials or handouts are allowed on site.
What type of seafood will be served at the Festival?
A wide range, based on participating Chefs, Caterers and Seafood Producers that collaborate in the various events of the Festival. The specific seafood options & menus won’t be known until closer to the date, but there typically is wild, aquaculture based, and dive fishery products included; the producers and/or seafood types will be signed and/or noted on menus as appropriate.
I’m visiting from out of town. Where can I stay?
Visit our hotels section for a full list of participating hotels.
How do I get to the Comox Valley?
Planes, ferries and automobiles! Direct flights to the Comox Valley Airport (YQQ) from Vancouver, Edmonton and Calgary will give you instant access to Festival events and attractions. Learn more about how to access the Comox Valley here.
To learn about the many ways to be involved in the Festival, please click here.