Volunteer applications for the 2020 BC Seafood Festival Signature Weekend and BC Seafood Expo are now open.
You must be 15 or older to volunteer.
Volunteers for the Signature Weekend will receive:
- a BC Seafood Festival t-shirt
- tasting tickets
- 2 day passes to give to your family/friends
- Filberg Grounds Set-up: This crew builds our festival site with amazing speed! Heavy lifting will be required.
- Shucked! Oyster Bar: This crew supports with set-up, guest check-in, cleaning and anything else that pertains to the Oyster Bar event.
- Gala Dinner: This crew supports with set-up, guest check-in, cleaning and anything else that pertains to the Gala Dinner.
- Master Class & Brunch: This crew helps make sure everything is in place for the lucky guests attending the brunch and/or masterclass!
- Main Gate/Registration: This crew supports getting thousands of people in the Festival grounds per day! Selling passes, scanning pre-purchased tickets, putting on wristbands.
- Food & Beverage Ticket Stations: This crew sells food tickets and booze tickets. You must be 19+ and have 2 pieces of ID to sell booze tickets. (2 pieces of ID required for all booze purchases)
- Festival Host: This crew welcomes everyone to the festival, answers questions, helps point festival-goers in the right direction.
- Chef Assistance: This crew supports all the chefs participating in the Festival Weekend, including prepping, bussing, cleaning and anything the chefs need during the select major events.
- Kids Stage: This crew will be spending time with children and their families while they enjoy fun interactive activities.
- Entertainment Stage Support: This crew supports entertainers with set/up and cleans the stage area between shows.
- Chowder Challenge Support: This crew helps set up the chowder challenge and maintain the large crowd.
- Shucking Competition Support: This crew helps set up the shucking competition and assist the shuckers when needed.
- Green Team: This crew is passionate about recycling and the environment and makes sure recycling and garbage gets put in the right places!
- Site Crew: The site crew fills in the gaps, run errands, or assists these other crews/support teams.
- Filberg Grounds Take-down: This crew takes-down our festival site with amazing speed! Heavy lifting will be required.