June 16 & 17, 2018, 11 am – 5 pm
Filberg Heritage Lodge & Park, Comox
Thank you to the thousands of guests who attended this year’s largest seafood and ocean celebration on the West Coast of Canada!
The Signature Weekend featured Day Events (June 16 & 17) which showcased the biggest line-up of renowned guest Chefs and Chef Demonstrations, new and enhanced competitions including the new FortisBC BC Seafood Festival Chef Challenge, incredible seafood & beverage tasting stations, live entertainment and interactive sea-life touch tanks. Other weekend events included celebrating seafood at Ceviche! Ceviche! Ceviche! Masterclass, Baked n’ Boiled Kitchen Party (June 16) and Bounty! A Brunch Seafood Cookout.
2018 Chef Demos
2018 Seafood Tasting Stations
- Filberg Summer Kitchen
- West Coast Scallops
- Fanny Bay Oysters
- Jamie’s Rainforest Inn
- High Tide Public House
- Effingham Oysters / Raven Lady
- The Pickled Carrot
- Thriftys Mobile Kitchen
- Culinary Team BC
- Mac’s Oysters
- North Vancouver Island Chefs Association
- Lois Lake Trout
- BC Shellfish Growers Assocation
- Rocky Mountain Coffee Company
2018 Beverage Stations
- Hester Creek Estate Winery
- Averill Creek Vineyard
- Shelter Point Distillery
- Tour de Rock, Lemonade/ Water
- 40 Knots Winery
- Stag’s Hollow
- Raven’s Moon Cider
- Townsite Brewing
- Wayward Distillation House
- Coastal Black Estate Winery
- Beach Fire Brewing
- Gladstone Brewing Company
- Rocky Mountain Coffee Company
2018 Interactive & Educational Stations
- Ocean Wise® Seafood Program: The Ocean Wise® seafood program is a conservation program that helps consumers to make ocean-friendly choices by identifying sustainable options with the Ocean Wise® logo. Come play the fish fillet matching game and learn about ocean conservation as well as what you can do to affect change.
- Ocean Wise® AquaVan: The AquaVan will be making a splash with live animals from marine habitats of British Columbia’s coast. Come touch a sea star, examine a crab and learn about connections between yourself and our oceans; open from 11:30 AM – 4:30 PM each day.
- Project Watershed: Project Watershed truly believes in education and involvement for everyone from children to seniors. Stop by our booth for free kiddies’ activity sheets related watersheds, as well as a very special colouring book about life in the K’omoks Estuary for only $2. You may learn about the Kus-kus-sum project (former Field Sawmill) and how it will transform into a perfect salmon and bird habitat. Tickets to the June 28 – July 1 Nomadic Tempest Show by Caravan Stage Co. will be available. Get your hand stamped too!
- Mountain Avian Rescue Society: MARS is your local wildlife rescue and rehabilitation centre. We take care of approx 700 native animals each year. Conservation and education are part of our mandate. We will have one of our ambassador birds in attendance. We will also have for sale wildlife tote bags made by our volunteers.
- Town of Comox – Recreation Dept: Ocean themed interactive arts & crafts.
- Bamfield Marine Sciences Centre: Check out plankton and other sea life from Barkley Sound up close and personal under the microscopes.
- Island Scallops Touch Tanks: Island Scallops represents Canada’s largest private marine research hatchery and first fully-integrated shellfish producer. Come check us out our touch table and get educated.
- DFO Aquaculture Management: There will be a model of shellfish aquaculture farm, a model of marine fish net pen, a model of a freshwater re-circulating aquaculture farm, videos for aquaculture production, statistics, graphs, charts, and posters.
- Comox Valley Regional District: Beach Walk at Goose Spit on Sunday, June 17th at 3:00 PM for 1 hour. Shoreline attack: How waves and wind shape our beaches and coastline. Learn the forces at work along Lazo bluffs and the spit. See how both exposed and protected beaches are constantly changing. Learn how the Spit was created and how it may look 20 years from now. Meet at the bottom of Goose Spit stairs (parking lot #1).
- Excel Career College: As BC’s leading Aquaculture Career Training provider, Excel Career College is pleased to present a fully interactive live touch tank for the festival. Not only will visitors be able to learn about BC’s Aquaculture species but they will also be able to touch them and see live specimens first hand.
- Alyssa Penner: An artist from Campbell River. Will showcase her art on-site in the Filberg Lodge.
- Harbour Air
2018 Live Entertainment
Saturday, June 16 – Live music from ABRA Cadabra
Sunday, June 17 – Live music from Georgia Strait Big Band